Due to rising cases of COVID-19 within our Community and the surrounding areas, the Library and Board of Health have decided to scale back service and close for in-person browsing. We are very excited to announce a new point of service that will allow you to get your holds without an appointment, with our brand new, Walk-up Window!
Walk-Up Window for Holds Pickup
What is the Walk-up Window?
The Walk-up Window allows you to pick up your holds with no appointment necessary! Come to the library and line up outside along the ramp, where you will be protected from the elements with our exciting new Holiday Window Display. This exciting initiative will give you the flexibility to pick up your items on your time, with expanded hours during the week and on weekends.
If you have holds to pickup, please use the Walk-up Window! This window is located in our interior entryway.
• One person may enter at a time
• Please enter at the bottom of the ramp, and wait on the marked spots to keep physically distant
• An exterior light indicator will go from red to green when it is your turn to enter the Walk-up Window.
• Scan your library card once inside, and we will grab your items for you!
• Don’t have anything on hold? Give us a call at 508-647-6520 and we will assist you! Or head to “my account” and browse our catalog!
Walk-Up Window Hours
Monday – Thursday : 9am-8pm
Friday & Saturday : 9am-4:30pm
Sunday : 1pm-4:30pm
Can I still do Contactless Holds Pick Up?
Yes! We encourage everyone who cannot stand outside or may not want to wait because of children or pets in their car to still book an appointment online or via theMinuteman Library App.
We will still have contactless pickup appointments available for your convenience and safety.
• Pickup appointments are available from 9am-10am daily from Monday through Friday, and 9am-10am on Saturday. We also have appointments from 7pm-8pm Monday through Thursday.
• You may only book a pickup appoint AFTER receiving a request pickup notice from the Library that your items are ready.
• If you miss your appointment, please call us to schedule another. Because we only have so many slots per appointment, we are unable to reschedule pickup for the same day.
• Puzzles and items from the “Library of Things” are not available during contactless pickup.
How does it work?
• Step 1: Put items on hold using your Minuteman account
• Step 2: Wait for an email, text, or phone call that your items are ready to be picked up.
• Step 3: Book a pickup appointment window using our online pickup calendar OR give us a call at 508-647-6520
• Step 4: Come to the Contactless Pickup area outside the library during your appointment window and grab your items off the contactless pickup shelf. Items will be checked out and bagged with your name on it.
Can I Browse Books?
Not at this time. However, staff are hard at work making solutions to give you browse-ability while we are closed. If you would like a recommendation give us a call 508-647-6520or join Morse Book Match!
Delivery Service is available for our patrons who cannot safely come to the library, to see if you qualify for delivery click here.
What Stays Virtual
• All programming and events will continue to be hosted online.
• Reference assistance by email, chat, text message, appointment, or phone through our Digital Branch
• Virtual Reference hours: Monday-Friday 9am-6pm, Saturday 10am-2pm
• Access to all the great digital content like e-Books, e-Audiobooks, movies, magazines, and music from MorseInstitute.org website and our Virtual Reading Room
• Remote access to research resources like databases
The new Express Bundles for adults, DVD, teens, and children have launched! Also, we have a new Book-Fix program, that is similar to Stitch-Fix (book bundles curated to fit your taste).
You can use the Walk up window to pick up an Express Bundle on demand.
OR, you can fill out an online form to request:
1. Express Bundle(s) to pick up later at the walk up window (within 1 day!)
2. Express Bundle(s) to pick up via contactless holds
3. Book-Fix curated collection based on your preferences within the categories of adult, teen, or children.
Mobile Self-Checkout & Contactless Pickup now LIVE on the Minuteman App!
In order to make getting your materials as fast and safe as possible, we are excited to announce that you can now book a contactless pickup appointment directly from the Minuteman App available for both Apple IOS & Android devices!
Coming into the building to pickup materials? You now have a contactless option to check out your materials from within the library! Open the Minuteman Library App, select “Mobile Checkout” and scan the item barcodes to checkout. It is simple, fast, and safe!
Special Sunday Holds Pickups!
In order to help those who cannot safely come into the Library, we are opening three hours of Contactless Holds Pickup on Sundays. Times will be available at 1:30, 2:30, & 3:30. Visit the Contactless Holds Pickup webpage for all the information on picking up your holds without coming into the library!