Morse Library Updates Library reopening phase 1
We are very excited to announce our launch of Morse Express starting Monday, Aug. 10! This is our first phase of our reopening plan and includes many changes to the Morse you remember. We are taking many precautions when it comes to the safety of our staff and patrons. You may notice some differences:
• In Person Visits
- limited to 1 hour or less, 1 person per family.
- Masks must be worn at all times & proper social distancing standards practiced.
• Main Level open for browsing of books, audiobooks, movies, and magazines (Browsing of 2nd floor and lower level unavailable until next level of service). All soft seating has been removed and remaining seating has been spaced for safety.
- Selections of Teen & Children’s materials have been brought to the Main Floor for browsing.
- If you need an item from another floor, we will gladly grab it for you.
• Additional self-checkout options have been added, including the option to check out using the Minuteman App on a smart device (coming soon)!
• Computer Access
- Access to public computers and internet for one 45-minute session per day. Make an appointment by calling our main desk at 508-647-6520
• Scanning, printing, copying, and faxing on our Main Level is available.
• Reference assistance is available virtually at Research Terminal on the Main Level or from home using our Digital Branch
Morse Express In-Person Library Hours
Monday – Friday
9am-10am (senior & at-risk)
Contactless Pickup will still be available for patrons who choose to use this service, and are also offering contactless delivery for those who cannot physically come to the building.
For more information on this phase of reopening, please head to morseinsitute.org/express!
Digital library services
The new Digital Branch of MIL combines all of the wonderful resources that are available virtually. Get access to library staff and resources from home! Chat with a librarian, get reading suggestions, borrow books and more digitally, get research help, and find out about virtual events. All of your choices for using the library remotely, collected in one place. Visit the new Digital Branch of the Morse Institute Library!